Is Your Business Ready for Winter Weather?
Is your business ready for the incoming winter season? With colder temperatures and inclement weather coming in, there’s a whole new set of things to watch out for and prepare for. We here at SERVPRO of Hampton North wanted to share with you some winter tips to make sure that the holiday season for your business goes off without a hitch!
- Paths, entrances, and floors should be clear.
- Keep mats at entrances that help to absorb any water that may get tracked in
- Make sure to have someone arranged to clear snow/ice from outside walkways, parking lots and roads
- If conditions are icy consider sand or salt to help prevent people from slipping
- Heating your business
- The inside of your building should be at least 40-45°F to help prevent any pipes from freezing
- Consider doing a walk through of your business before it gets too cold and make sure that all windows, doors, etc., are all properly weather sealed to prevent drafts and costly heating bills
- Have a plan
- Have an emergency plan should something go wrong
- Make plans on how to communicate with employees regarding storms and how to handle things should the storms get serious
- Inspect all snow equipment and ensure it’s in good condition
While we hope these tips help to prevent you from being forced to call us in an emergency, should you find your business on the receiving end of a frozen and busted pipe, or any other sort of winter water damage to your property, our team of professionals are equipped to handle any size commercial losses. We’re trained to take care of anything from mom-and-pop shops, to large multi floor hotels. SERVPRO of Hampton North is here to help, so give us a call!