Act Quickly When You Find Mold in Your Home
Mold happens because of excessive amounts of moisture either caused by a flood or a plumbing accident or poor circulation. Whichever the reason, the proper way to handle mold damage is with mold remediation. The complex process involves tasks like water extraction, spore containment, and air filtration.
Mold can be dark green, gray, or black with a fuzzy, velvety look and have a musty smell. Mold can begin to grow in as little as 24 -48 hours depending on the level of humidity in the home. Typically, the spores begin to colonize in 3 to 12 days and become visible in about 18-21 days. When you first see the mold in your home, we suggest that you complete these tasks.
- Examine You and Your Family for Symptoms as prolonged exposure to mold might cause health problems such as eye irritation, headaches, sneezing, sore throats and in some severe cases, skin rashes. When in doubt, seek the advice of your doctor.
- Assess the Mold Problem to see how far the mold has spread and call an IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certificate) company, SERVPRO.
- Schedule a Professional Visit regardless of the area of mold because Improper handling can cause the mold spores to spread.
- Find the Mold Source to determine if you have a plumbing or HVAC leak, or a lack of circulation problem, like with a malfunctioning dehumidifier. This information will also help the mold remediation specialist determine how far the mold might extend.
- Contact your Insurance Company immediately following Water Damage making them aware and then the professionals can be sent to cleanup and restore to help prevent further damage.
If you see mold, ask for the mold remediation specialists in Chesapeake since 1996. We work with your insurance company and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and holidays. Learn more about all our cleaning services by visiting our website or call us at 757-825-9700. #HereToHelp